Register Now
Smokey

Gaming laptop brands?

If you buy or use gaming laptops, which brands do you prefer? for me, I like Alienware.  Asus is a close 2nd choice for me. I always had pretty good luck with most Alienware laptops I've owned in the past. The only issue i've had was with the Alienware M18 R1 that I tried 2 variants of, each had different issues:

All-AMD variant - Games just didn't load and would crash constantly, no matter the game. I think this was more of a GPU driver issue so I returned it and tried

Alienware M18 R1 w/ RTX 4070 graphics -  This one worked fine but it had 2 defective USB-C ports on the back. 

Now i'm rocking an Alienware M18 R2 with an intel CPU and a RTX 4070 GPU. I'm happy with it thus far and haven't had any issues aside from a botched windows update that was fixed with a re-installation of Windows.  Another reason I've stuck with Alienware is because all of my peripherials are Alienware, I got a mouse and headset that's also Alienware. It's easy to just control them all within 1 application instead of needing to run multiple applications (such as iCue for example) 

What about you? What is your go-to brand?

My Preferences for Gaming  laptops are as follows:

• Asus - Especially the Scar Series
  • Acer - Especially the Nitro Series
  • MSI - Especially the Stealth Series
  • Lenovo - Especially the Legion Pro series
  • Origin