Register Now
StaceyPowers

Games you love that are fashionable to dislike?

32 minutes ago, StaceyPowers said:

Are there any games you love that it is fashionable to loathe? For me, for example, it is The Outer Worlds.

Could you elaborate a little on that?  The thing is The Outer Worlds has been, as far I'm aware, a generally well received game.

For me, it's games that follow or at least resemble the "Ubisoft" style of open world.  The concept is somewhat overused, I admit, but is still done in unique and creative ways, like in the Horizon franchise.

1 hour ago, Shagger said:

Could you elaborate a little on that?  The thing is The Outer Worlds has been, as far I'm aware, a generally well received game.

For me, it's games that follow or at least resemble the "Ubisoft" style of open world.  The concept is somewhat overused, I admit, but is still done in unique and creative ways, like in the Horizon franchise.

For some reason, The Outer Worlds was getting so much hate on Reddit late last year for a while! Lots of threads trashing it. I thought it was quite weird considering how old--and non-controversial--it was by then.

2 hours ago, StaceyPowers said:

For some reason, The Outer Worlds was getting so much hate on Reddit late last year for a while! Lots of threads trashing it. I thought it was quite weird considering how old--and non-controversial--it was by then.

I did a little homework, and I think the issue was "The Spacer's Choice Edition", what was to the The Outer Worlds was the Special Edition was to Skyrim, an updated version with the DLC included and better visuals.  According to  user reviews, it was badly optimised on both PC and console with little to no improvement in the visuals with some claiming it actually looked worse than the original.  I guess I just wasn't paying attention when all of this was going on.

13 hours ago, Shagger said:

I did a little homework, and I think the issue was "The Spacer's Choice Edition", what was to the The Outer Worlds was the Special Edition was to Skyrim, an updated version with the DLC included and better visuals.  According to  user reviews, it was badly optimised on both PC and console with little to no improvement in the visuals with some claiming it actually looked worse than the original.  I guess I just wasn't paying attention when all of this was going on.

Ah, interesting! Yes, I didn't play that edition!