Register Now
Alyxx

Ask Alyxx

Ouch!!! Being the avid gamer I am, pointing out one favourite game of all time is probably the most difficult question you could ask. It all depends on my mood.

But if I were to pick one right now, it would probably be Deus Ex. I keep coming back to it, and I absolutely love its world, music, characters, style and themes.

I've been creating games since around 2002-2004 when I started trying different programming languages. I started out using DarkBASIC, which was better suited for 3D games, but eventually landed on Game Maker. I made a few 2D retro style games around 2004-2006, mostly for my own practice. As for what got me into game design, I think it's just the fact I am a creative person who needs different projects to do, and aside from graphical design and music production, it was another field I could express myself in. I also think I wanted to make my own games because of being a lifelong gamer. I've been playing computer games since as long as I can remember so it feels natural for me to also make my own games.

Around 2008-2009 I came up with the idea for ETHER, originally as a Wolfenstein 3D mod, an idea that never came to fruition as I ran into problems making custom music for the game.
Some years later I played MURI on PC and that inspired me to do ETHER as an oldschool EGA platformer instead as it reminded me of the games I grew up playing and I wanted to do the game as a tribute to my childhood.

Edited by Alyxx

4 hours ago, MegaphoneStallone said:

Where in the world do you live?
What are the pros and cons of living there?

Norway.

Pros: Really good welfare system. Beautiful country.

Cons: Dunno. Compared to other countries it's pretty good. I'd say that Norwegians can be a bit too "normal" at times and cold, but that's just people in general I feel.

On 10/29/2018 at 4:25 PM, MegaphoneStallone said:

Oh. Weird question, but one I'm curious about - many Muslims in Norway?
I always hear about/meet online Muslims from Denmark and Sweden...But never Norway. 

We have a fair amount yes. I've met quite a few here in Sarpsborg. They tend to keep to themselves though due to the cultural barrier I imagine. I know I sure as hell wouldn't want them running the country...

I know not all muslims follow some of the more controversial traditions, but Norway is a Christian country and there are some obvious culture clashes.

Edited by Alyxx

I'd prefer not to elaborate more on it, just my own personal views based on my impression of how Muslim countries tend to be ruled, with regards to trans and gay people. It's nothing against you as a person or your faith, and most muslims I've met are kind people so it's not so much muslims themselves I disapprove of. I may have worded that wrong in retrospect. Apologies for how it came off.

And yeah, Norway remains a Christian country in terms of ruleset, though Sweden may be less so.

Edited by Alyxx