Register Now
StaceyPowers

Best and worst aftermarket controllers?

What are some of the best and worst aftermarket controllers you have used for any system?

I’ve had two DualShock 3s die on me within a relatively short time period (both were used when I got them). I have a couple of aftermarket controllers right now. One of them is a bit buggy with connecting after shutting itself off during inactivity, while the other is pretty much okay. But the sensitivity on both is ridiculously high.

Would love any suggestions if anyone has found anything good.

21 hours ago, StaceyPowers said:

What are some of the best and worst aftermarket controllers you have used for any system?

I’ve had two DualShock 3s die on me within a relatively short time period (both were used when I got them). I have a couple of aftermarket controllers right now. One of them is a bit buggy with connecting after shutting itself off during inactivity, while the other is pretty much okay. But the sensitivity on both is ridiculously high.

Would love any suggestions if anyone has found anything good.

I usually don't really touch aftermarket controllers because of the compatibility issues that come along with it. I know you want to save a few bucks but the best advice would be to buy a brand new controller OEM from eBay or Amazon. They usually have auctions for these kinds of items and you can get extremely lucky and get one for an extremely reasonable price.

39 minutes ago, killamch89 said:

I usually don't really touch aftermarket controllers because of the compatibility issues that come along with it. I know you want to save a few bucks but the best advice would be to buy a brand new controller OEM from eBay or Amazon. They usually have auctions for these kinds of items and you can get extremely lucky and get one for an extremely reasonable price.

I've mostly hesitated to buy a new Dualshock 3 just because of how quickly mine have died on me, but I've never owned one that wasn't used before. What type of lifetime is typical?