Register Now
StaceyPowers

Why am I having trouble turning in RDR?

Kind of a silly sounding question, but … I started RDR last night, and whether on horseback or on foot, I seem to find it hard to turn while walking or running. It’s particularly awkward on the horse, like I’m trying to steer a grocery cart. I think this may be because the game is programmed with more realistic movement parameters than a lot of others (i.e. Skyrim), but I’m struggling to learn how to move, lol. Any suggestions?

On 2/4/2019 at 5:39 PM, killamch89 said:

You can adjust your controller sensitivity in the settings and the turning mechanics are way different from Skyrim lol. I also recommend you try to get used to moving around and shooting to get used to the basics.

What's funny is ... now I've gone back to play some Skyrim, and now I can't turn the horse in there, hahah. My muscle memory has now ingrained the RDR turning movements.

2 hours ago, StaceyPowers said:

What's funny is ... now I've gone back to play some Skyrim, and now I can't turn the horse in there, hahah. My muscle memory has now ingrained the RDR turning movements.

Hahaha! Maybe you need to up the sensitivity on Skyrim now.

19 hours ago, killamch89 said:

Hahaha! Maybe you need to up the sensitivity on Skyrim now.

Not with my aftermarket controller, ugh. RDR is so sensitive that I ride in a zig-zag, lol. 

The main difference seems to be that when you turn the horse in Skyrim, it moves forward and goes in a sort of circle. In RDR, when you turn the horse sharply, you need to do it in place and then go on your way. I think the second movement is probably more lifelike/realistic.

7 minutes ago, StaceyPowers said:

Not with my aftermarket controller, ugh. RDR is so sensitive that I ride in a zig-zag, lol. 

The main difference seems to be that when you turn the horse in Skyrim, it moves forward and goes in a sort of circle. In RDR, when you turn the horse sharply, you need to do it in place and then go on your way. I think the second movement is probably more lifelike/realistic.

Yeah RDR2 is definitely more realistic. Of course, there are mods to modify the horse riding but you probably already knew that...