Register Now
StaceyPowers

Any combat tips for Dragon Age: Inquisition?

@DylanC @Cleopatra92 tagging you both since I think you both have mentioned playing this game.

So, I have Dragon Age: Inquisition set to “Casual.” Mostly it has gone just fine. But for some reason, the Emerald Graves region has given me a lot of trouble. Pride demons popping out of rifts, crazy overpowered red templar fighters, etc.

I went into the “tactics” screen to see what I could do, but it seems like they have completely scaled down this screen compared to what it is in Origins and DA II. There is no way to tell fighters to use a ranged style, specific abilities, etc.? Or did they move this to a menu I still haven’t located?

I am a little at a loss as to how to tackle difficult combat scenarios in this game. Most of what I fell back on in the other two games just doesn’t seem to be available here. I keep feeling like I am missing something. All I can really do is pause combat and order people around.

If anyone has any explanations/recommendations, I’d be very grateful. I was about ready to light the Dales on fire I was so angry the other night. It is alarming to be struggling literally at the lowest difficulty level.