Register Now
DC

Updates and announcements: our first moderator, spam prevention, bid for rewards, and more

Hey everyone!

I have a few exciting announcements to make today. First, I just want to thank all of our dedicated and active members for helping to make our forum a welcoming place for in-depth discussion. VGR has grown tremendously through your efforts into a thriving community. Now, onto the announcements!

First of all, please congratulate @Shagger, who has become our first Moderator! Since becoming a member here, @Shagger has contributed thoughtful, detailed posts and engaged other members in meaningful dialogue. He has helped to create a balanced environment where open discussion is prized and every member is treated with respect.

I anticipate bringing in an additional Moderator by the end of the year. I will be on the lookout for suitable candidates. If you are interested in becoming a Moderator, please contact me directly.

Next, I am pleased to announce that enhanced spam prevention is coming to the forum soon. New accounts will face posting restrictions for X days so as to ease them into the community and help us to detect spammers.

Finally, Bid for Rewards will remain a big feature for the rest of this year. In fact, you are going to have a chance to bid on AAA games and other major giveaways as we wrap up 2020, so stay tuned. Thank you again to each and every one of you for making VGR forum the best place on the web for video game discussion!