Register Now
Kane99

Did you guys like Indigo Prophecy? (Spoilers maybe, idk, it's an old game)

I remember playing a demo for Indigo Prophecy years ago, and falling in love with how unique the game was. So I purchased the game with the birthday money I had. It was more story driven, had you respond to people's questions and comments, do quick time events etc. The beginning of the game starts you off in a Diner bathroom, where you realize you just killed a person, but have no recollection of doing it. You then have to decide, clean yourself up and the area and move the body? Or leave right away covered in blood with a body in plain view? You are given a short period of time to make a decision. The game was really weird, but at the time, I enjoyed it because it was so different. 

More spoilers below, read at your own volition. 

I was probably 16 or 17 at the time I played the game. I got it, because I wanted to play something different. I'm glad I did, because I really enjoyed this games story, at the time. I watched a play through of the game a while back, and kind of cringed at it a bit. The game gets really weird after a while. What I expected to be this crime drama about finding the truth, became this weird game where wacky stuff happens, like doing quick time events to dodge flying furniture and other items in your apartment from an unknown entity. Or, being chased by giant green digital ants and having to do quick time events to evade them. Or there's also a part where you find out you're like the chosen one and have powers, and have to fight this other dude who has powers. Oh and your character is technically dead from what I recall. As well, you play as two other characters, I believe one being a female cop and the other a male cop, but I forget. They investigate the murder in the diner, and all the while, the female cop starts to fall for the protagonist. 

So yeah, it's a weird game. 

Edited by Kane99

I remember playing it on the PS2, it was one of the first what I would call "interactive Narrative" type games that I can remember playing.  It was a pretty unique idea at the time but of course these days they are fairly common like with Life is Strange, Telltale games and of course Quantic Dream/David Cage's other games like Heavy Rain, Beyond Two Souls and Detroit Become Human.  The funny thing is when you look at these other games from Cage it’s funny the most trippy and odd was most definitely the first one!

As for answering the question “Did you guys like Indigo Prophecy?” well… Yes and no.  I really liked it at first playing as both the cops investigating the murder and the purpotrator tring to cover it up, it was very intersting and engaging.  But the longer it went on the trippier and weirder it got almost as if David Cage was writing this thing on the fly and was running out of time so with each new chapter just went form the first idea that popped in his head.

Then there’s… Well were talking spoilers anyway so screw it!  The part of the game that REALLY freaked me out and made me seriously question just what kind of mindset David Cage really has, was the sex scene between the main character Lucas and the female cop Carla.

I would give an NSFW Warning, but it's really more of a not suitable for humans warning! 

If we are being honest all the sex scenes in this game (and there are several) are awkward as hell but his one in particulaer is so ickey and beyond logic that could barley even look at at.  Carla has been trying to arrest this guy for murder for most of the story, Lucas’ girlfreind just died and worst of all, Lucas is effectivly a walking, talking corpse!  She is a detective willfuly fucking a murderous zombie!  This is gross on so many levels!

giphy.webp

The game starts off well but really falls apart towards the end.  Not just because of that but the story in general just feels more and more pretentious and rushed the further it goes.  I much prefer Quantics Dream's Later releases like Heavy Rain and Beyond Two Souls (I haven't played Detroit yet) but they've their fair share of problems too.

Edited by Crazycrab

I only remember that sex scene, I don't remember there being others. I should really replay the game soon though. And yeah, it made absolutely no sense that she would be into him after investigating him for so long. It was like Cage thought the game needed some romance and tossed it in. It wasn't needed, and it made no sense. 

I haven't played any of David Cage's other games, but watched a lets play for all of his games by the Super Best Friends on YouTube. They no longer make videos sadly, but they were able to play all of Cage's games. They go to town on David Cage for his poor writing and how creepy he is.