Register Now
Kane99

Pachter – Sony to Outsell Microsoft by 5 Million Units a Year

I'm not one to really follow what Pachter says, as his predictions rarely come true, but I can kind of see this, but at a lower amount. His new prediction is that the PlayStation 5 will outsell the Xbox Series X by 5 million units a year. Do you think that will happen? I doubt it, as I suspect this generation is going to be much closer than last gen. Keep in mind, Xbox flubbed the launch of the Xbox One originally when they announced the DRM and always online stupidity, and that really caused them a lot of problems. I think that's why the PS4 did so well, because previous Xbox fans jumped over to Sony. 

Anyway, do you think the PS5 will sell over 5 million more units over the new Xbox? Or will the race be a lot closer? I think Microsoft has a slight edge with backwards compatibility and gamepass. But, Sony also has the exclusives right now. 

You can read about this story here - Playstationing

And you can find the question and answer in Pachter's video below. 

I agree with you, I can see the PS5 outselling the Series X but not by that much.   The deficit in sales from PS4 to XBox One was about 9 million a year on average but the XBox One was an initial PR disaster.  Now however with XBox having exclusives down the line and what I think right now is an overall better deal with Game Pass and more comprehensive backwards compatibility it's going to be much closer.