Register Now
Kane99

Pac-Man World 1-3

Has anyone here played these series? I got all three games on the PS2 a while back from a friend, and have not even tried any of them yet. Are these games any good? Do they compare to other 3D platformers? I think one of these weekends, I'm going to play through them to see how they are. I'm going to guess they're not that great. 

It's been a while so maybe you've got around to trying them (and if so, do update us on your thoughts! ^^), but I'll say they're some of the best platform games on the PS1 and 2. While they're not of the same tier as Spyro the Dragon or Crash Bandicoot, I wouldn't put them much lower. The basic praise I give them today is overwhelming in the context of them being 3D PS1 platformers, such as Pac-Man having three whole moves that see regular use, good controls and each level being packed with reasons to stay or go back to. Plus the music  is phenominal, and remains one of my all-time favourite retro soundtracks.

The first is a forgotten classic. I can't say the same of the other two because I have very vague memories of them (so, definitely forgotten.... classic, I don't know). I think they just got lost in the whole mascot craze the Playstation was going through, and felt like more of the same come the PS2.