Register Now
bomb

Can you allow your children to play game

This days the way my children are addicted to game, and make me feel somehow. I feel they might not be serious in school with their studies. Should I just let them be or I should find means to make them stop playing.

You can't force people to do things they don't want to do or it backfires. They should be rewarded with studying. You should show interest in their studies too and help motivate them. Make index cards to test them on subject matter, but make it fun; never a burden! Use positive reinforcement by rewarding with take out food, new video game, clothes, or small allowance. Show them that when you work for something you get rewarded. Bring them out of the room and to the dinner table with the index cards. I don't think disciplining really works. Rewarding has a stronger affect. 

Locking this thread as this topic and the issues raised have been discussed directly and directly in several other threads, such as;

Education

Negative Effects

Gambling

And this may be a useful thread as well.

I also ask @bomb to not post new topics so spuriously. Check for other topics before posting your own and give people a chance to see what new threads have opened up. You're on the verge of pushing your own threads of the forum. You don't need a new thread for every new idea you have. Slow down a little bit.