Register Now
Kane99

PS5 DualSense controllers facing problems?

It's being reported by Comicbook.com and others, that some players are expressing issues with their DualSense controllers. Some stating they're dealing with stick drift, and others also stating that the adaptive triggers are starting to break down or come apart. This currently seems to just be a small amount of people effected, but if more come forward, Sony may have a similar problem on their hands to that of Nintendo with their Joycon drift issues. 

Has anyone here had issues with the new controller? 

I feel like it may be due to manufacturing them, since Sony has already opened up a way to get them exchange them for a new one if I read on Facebook News today. Reminds me of the PS4 controllers when the joysticks were super stiff at first, and then they did a slight redesign and it's perfect from the get-go.

Looks like Sony is also being sued now for drifting problems similar to the Nintendo Joy cons. 

I suspect this is just a general issue with analog controllers, as each controller I've owned, the left analog stick decided to wear down. The issue I think here, is that these issues are happening early on with limited use. I've had to replace multiple 360 controllers, but it's been after extended use and even took a year or more before it started to act up. But with the joy cons and PS5 controller now dealing with it a lot sooner, it makes me wonder if they're just using crappy parts or something. 

Anyway, you can read more about this news here - Eurogamer