Register Now
Kane99

Arcade like sports games

What are some arcade style sports games? Stuff like NBA Jam, NFL Blitz/Street, etc. I used to play stuff like NBA/NFL Street, NBA Jam, SSX Tricky, etc. But, I'm more leaning towards arcady style of games. Anything like that in Baseball? What about any other sports? I want to give a few a try one of these days, so I figured I'd ask for some suggestions. 😄 

Arcade racing games (and racing games in general, perhaps) peaked in the PS2 era, and the good ones all ran at 60fps. Many happy hours were had with the Burnout series, and with Outrun 2. Racing games kind of died when 60fps was no longer the target. These games just don't work at 30fps, they feel all wrong. And the last 2.5 console generations have been about 'more pixels!' (and fancy shaders+postprocessing) at the expense of framerate.

Distance, Horizon Chase Turbo and Redout were excellent. In fact, Distance very well may be my favorite arcade racer ever made. GRID 1/2 were pretty good too if you count semi-realistic ones.Things could be better of course. The biggest disappointment for me was that GRIP failed on its promise to deliver a worthy successor to Rollcage.

Which racing game was the one where you could flip out wings and fully control your car while in the air? It was on the N64 and I played it so much. Wasn't there a hotwheels N64 game that was like that? Man I need to find that game.