Register Now
Kane99

Control is on the Nintendo Switch?

I had no idea Control was coming out for the Switch, and low and behold, I see a review about it online. Thing is, the game isn't being run on Switch hardware, it's being streamed. Remedy entertainment decided to go the route of having the game be streamed in order to play on the Switch, and I guess it's not as bad as I first envisioned. At least if the review is correct. 

And I guess some other games are mostly run through the cloud, those being the new Assassin's Creed and Resident Evil 7. So this could also mean more resource heavy games, can run better on switch, of course you still need to rely on the internet to provide a stable connection. 

Anyway, check out the review that Gaming Respawn did here

I tried out the trial version of this game, and I was pretty pleasantly surprised. I do have a pretty fast internet connection, but I found it to be a lot more stable than services like Xbox Gamepass streaming or PS4 Remote play. I would definitely be interested in seeing more games getting this treatment. Maybe something like Destiny 2, which is free to play on other platforms. I think it would be a great a idea to release something for free so that people can really try out the feature before investing.