Register Now
killamch89

Activision Blizzard loses Overwatch Director Jeff Kaplan - This is big news!

He's been with the company for some time now and he's one of the veteran devs that played a key role in some other titles. Him leaving Activision is a huge blow to them unless they can find someone else with his level of expertise and skill. For those who love Overwatch, this is going to be a very interesting period.

Just now, killamch89 said:

He's been with the company for some time now and he's one of the veteran devs that played a key role in some other titles. Him leaving Activision is a huge blow to them unless they can find someone else with his level of expertise and skill. For those who love Overwatch, this is going to be a very interesting period.

I have no idea what the director meant for the game. Some of the time management is replaceable and often it does. I think artists, and the low level detailing type people are harder to replace. Unless this director is like miyazaki of studio ghibli type. I don't see it would matter much to studio. 

On 4/22/2021 at 2:34 AM, skyfire said:

I have no idea what the director meant for the game. Some of the time management is replaceable and often it does. I think artists, and the low level detailing type people are harder to replace. Unless this director is like miyazaki of studio ghibli type. I don't see it would matter much to studio. 

He's one of the people who is responsible for their success with games like Overwatch and some other big Activision Blizzard titles so with him going, it'll set them back a great deal. If I'm not mistaken, he was with them even before the merger of Activision and Blizzard and he's well known in the industry.