Register Now
killamch89

What time period would you travel to and why?

Personally, I'd like to go back to the medieval era just to hear how they used to take. Just imagine someone trying to get your attention by saying "hear ye, hear ye". Also, I would like how they constructed things like castles and what tools they used to build certain structures because some of those structures are still in pristine condition in today's world. What time period would you travel to and why?

The renaissance. The moving away from religious superstition and more toward science and education is a key factor. Another is the greatest works of art were all created during the renaissance.

If I had to choose something else it would be the mid 1800’s. I want to meet the greatest American mind that has ever lived in the history of our country.
Edgar Allen Poe

On 5/22/2021 at 9:25 PM, The Blackangel said:

The renaissance. The moving away from religious superstition and more toward science and education is a key factor. Another is the greatest works of art were all created during the renaissance.

If I had to choose something else it would be the mid 1800’s. I want to meet the greatest American mind that has ever lived in the history of our country.
Edgar Allen Poe

The renaissance era is also an interesting time because I do love art and I'd want to see how they came up with the vision to create certain paintings.

Michaelangelo chose anatomical accuracy with things like the statue of David, for multiple reasons. Least of which being fear of the church accusing him of being homosexual. A mere accusation in those times was enough for an execution. The same was for the Sistine Chapel.