Register Now
killamch89

What is something you’ve always wanted to do, but are scared to?

Personally, I've always wanted to try Bungee jumping but my fear is the cord snapping or some other complication happening and then I just smack into the ground. What is something you’ve always wanted to do, but are scared to?

Enjoy a roller coaster. They go so high that I'm absolutely terrified, and have my eyes shut the whole time and end up missing the entire ride. I'm absolutely terrified of heights. There's a zoo in KC that has a wood bridge that you have to cross to see a lot of the animals. I tried crossing it and got about 10' out and beyond panicked. I had a death grip on one of the supports, and it took 6 other adults to get me back on to the ground off the bridge. I take sedatives every time I have to fly. Usually one of my Ambien and a melatonin. The melatonin puts me out and the Ambien keeps me out. So luckily I miss the flight while we're in the air. When I fly to Seattle next year, I know I'm going to need it. That's going to be one long miserable 7 hours. Hopefully I'll miss the majority of it before I wake up. If it's a short flight I usually put in my earbuds, put my head down, and concentrate on music.

But a worse fear for me is my trypophobia. That's a fear of tiny holes in large groups. It's infinitely worse than my fear of heights. It's so severe for me, that it's potentially lethal. Pictures or seeing something like that firsthand, can kill me. For me though, it also includes bumps as they look like holes to me. That's why it's been recommended that I never play TLOU. There's some monster or whatever in the game that is all covered in bumps that would trigger the phobia. It sucks, because otherwise the game looks like something I would love.

1 hour ago, The Blackangel said:

Enjoy a roller coaster. They go so high that I'm absolutely terrified, and have my eyes shut the whole time and end up missing the entire ride. I'm absolutely terrified of heights. There's a zoo in KC that has a wood bridge that you have to cross to see a lot of the animals. I tried crossing it and got about 10' out and beyond panicked. I had a death grip on one of the supports, and it took 6 other adults to get me back on to the ground off the bridge. I take sedatives every time I have to fly. Usually one of my Ambien and a melatonin. The melatonin puts me out and the Ambien keeps me out. So luckily I miss the flight while we're in the air. When I fly to Seattle next year, I know I'm going to need it. That's going to be one long miserable 7 hours. Hopefully I'll miss the majority of it before I wake up. If it's a short flight I usually put in my earbuds, put my head down, and concentrate on music.

But a worse fear for me is my trypophobia. That's a fear of tiny holes in large groups. It's infinitely worse than my fear of heights. It's so severe for me, that it's potentially lethal. Pictures or seeing something like that firsthand, can kill me. For me though, it also includes bumps as they look like holes to me. That's why it's been recommended that I never play TLOU. There's some monster or whatever in the game that is all covered in bumps that would trigger the phobia. It sucks, because otherwise the game looks like something I would love.

Fear of heights is a pretty common one but trypophobia is a new one for me. I think Resident Evil has a lot of monsters with legions of bumps as well so you probably should stay away from that as well.