Register Now
killamch89

What did you like / dislike about where you grew up?

Growing up, I disliked all the shooting, gang violence and general hostility that was on display in the community that I lived and it was constant. At least once every two weeks, we'd have curfews imposed by law enforcement and it was a hassle to go about your business. In addition to that, because of where I grew up, people automatically assumed I was a part of the senseless violence when in reality I avoided it due to the impact I saw it had on people's lives. What did you like / dislike about where you grew up?

When I lived in town, nightly sirens. That was my lullaby. After moving out of town, the rampant small town minded bigotry. I couldn't stand either.

What I liked was after moving out of town. I liked disappearing into the woods every summer. I've talked about it before. I would kill to be able to do it just one more time.

13 hours ago, The Blackangel said:

When I lived in town, nightly sirens. That was my lullaby. After moving out of town, the rampant small town minded bigotry. I couldn't stand either.

What I liked was after moving out of town. I liked disappearing into the woods every summer. I've talked about it before. I would kill to be able to do it just one more time.

Honestly, I hardly go back to the place I grew up simply because I can't be bothered with the drama or accidentally getting caught in a drive-by shooting/something terrible.

9 hours ago, The Blackangel said:

I haven't been to where I grew up in almost 20 years. I stayed away as much as I possibly could. I want nothing to do with those people or that place. When I dropped out at 17 I vowed never to set foot in that town again, and I have kept that vow.

That's perfectly reasonable and I don't blame you quite honestly.