Register Now
killamch89

Would you rather someone read your diary or someone read your text messages?

Personally, I'd much rather somebody ready the text messages because I typically write all kinds of random and impersonal stuff in my messages. The diary contains some extremely personal stuff that I just don't feel comfortable sharing. Do you agree with my choice?

I would say text messages. I haven't written in my diary in forever. It's completely sporadic for me to write in it. I haven't written in it since April 26th. I actually had to get the thing out to check that. It's digital. I write it as a web page and save it on a thumb drive. I also have a video diary, which is just me talking and recording myself on a webcam.

On 7/30/2021 at 6:51 AM, The Blackangel said:

I would say text messages. I haven't written in my diary in forever. It's completely sporadic for me to write in it. I haven't written in it since April 26th. I actually had to get the thing out to check that. It's digital. I write it as a web page and save it on a thumb drive. I also have a video diary, which is just me talking and recording myself on a webcam.

Mine's more along the lines of pen and paper but I've been planning to go the digital route but I just need to decide on which app am I going to use. 

10 hours ago, The Blackangel said:

I don't use any kind of app. I just write mine in HTML and save it to a thumb drive. It makes it easier if I want to read back through it. Every entry has the time and date when I wrote it. It's as simple as that. Notepad is the best program to use for writing it.

With how the net is nowadays, I'm really picky with what I use especially when it's personal information. For instance, I use things like physical Security keys for all my online accounts along with passwords, I have encrypted flash drives that use a physical keypad that will wiped if the password is incorrectly entered 5 times, encrypt all my files on clouds using Cryptomator and Veracrypt to encrypt my hard drives so no one but me can access my stuff, An encrypted external SSD drive that requires fingerprint and a password to open it. I also do extensive research on almost anything I'm installing just to make sure it's safe and I run it through online sites like Virustotal and Apkpure to make sure there's no malware on anything I download. I also run links from emails through checkshorturl to see if the link is legit. Ever since I got hacked the first time, my paranoia levels have been through the roof.

That's exactly the reason any and all of my important files are on thumb drives and SD cards. The only things on my computer are pictures and a couple games. I empty my cache and cookies before I shut down every day, my hard drive is encrypted and password protected, I back it up regularly once I'm sure there is no malware, viruses, or worms on it. Once that is confirmed, I also clone everything to an external hard drive. I don't take chances.  Granted, I'm not important or rich enough to bother with to your average hacker. My credit rating isn't in the toilet, it's already been flushed down the fucking thing. SO if you stole my identity, you would be worse off than you were beforehand. You couldn't buy shit, and any time you tried to use a fraudulent credit card you made up it would be rejected. You could use it for criminal activity, like if you were slinging, but that's it. And if I get busted for some shit I didn't do, I'm gonna have to kill someone. Besides there are things about me that would prove I'm innocent and that my identity was stolen. Some that is blatantly obvious, and some that isn't obvious. To the naked eye at least. Also some of my tattoos could help that out. Because if the thief doesn't have them, I'm off the fucking hook and he's left to deal with his own stupidity. So fuck you identity thieves.

Edited by The Blackangel