Register Now
killamch89

Would you rather have a South Park-themed wedding or a Family Guy-themed funeral?

On 7/30/2021 at 6:52 AM, The Blackangel said:

I like Family Guy better than I like South Park, so I'll go with Family Guy.

Yeah that too although I feel like both series have overstayed their welcome and lost a lot of their original humor.

Valid point, but they're trying to follow in the footsteps of the Simpsons and stick around 20 years past when they should have ended. It's why Trey Parker and Matt Stone stopped killing Kenny in every episode. They thought the bit had gotten stale and just wasn't funny anymore. I thought it was funny and entertaining to try to figure out how he was going to die "this time", but I agree with them. A bit is only funny for so long. It's also why Stewie isn't as evil as he was in the early seasons of Family Guy. Seth MacFarlane thought that was getting old. Not much has changed on American Dad. So at least that one is following its original formula, for the most part. A lot of people refer to Roger as a "gay alien", but being that he's not even human, I don't see how he could fit into being either "gay" or "straight". All I know, is Roger likes men.

They're good shows, but they need to know when it's time to retire and move on. The Simpsons, however, is not a good show anymore. In the beginning it was great. 30+ years later, they only shoot themselves in the foot with every episode they make. Everyone I know who formerly liked the show, quit watching it at least 15 years ago. Granted characters that were complete idiots is a time tested formula for a cartoon and sitcom. But when the show itself is just stupid then there's a problem. I won't watch it if the episode came out after the tenth season. They became desperate for plot lines after that. How they've managed to keep going is beyond me. I mean honestly, is there anything they haven't fucking done?

11 hours ago, The Blackangel said:

Valid point, but they're trying to follow in the footsteps of the Simpsons and stick around 20 years past when they should have ended. It's why Trey Parker and Matt Stone stopped killing Kenny in every episode. They thought the bit had gotten stale and just wasn't funny anymore. I thought it was funny and entertaining to try to figure out how he was going to die "this time", but I agree with them. A bit is only funny for so long. It's also why Stewie isn't as evil as he was in the early seasons of Family Guy. Seth MacFarlane thought that was getting old. Not much has changed on American Dad. So at least that one is following its original formula, for the most part. A lot of people refer to Roger as a "gay alien", but being that he's not even human, I don't see how he could fit into being either "gay" or "straight". All I know, is Roger likes men.

They're good shows, but they need to know when it's time to retire and move on. The Simpsons, however, is not a good show anymore. In the beginning it was great. 30+ years later, they only shoot themselves in the foot with every episode they make. Everyone I know who formerly liked the show, quit watching it at least 15 years ago. Granted characters that were complete idiots is a time tested formula for a cartoon and sitcom. But when the show itself is just stupid then there's a problem. I won't watch it if the episode came out after the tenth season. They became desperate for plot lines after that. How they've managed to keep going is beyond me. I mean honestly, is there anything they haven't fucking done?

Simpson have done every scenario known to man and that's why people feel that the Simpsons "predicted" everything. Honestly, I don't even watch the Simpsons nowadays either.