Register Now
Reality vs Adventure

Are game developers physicists?

When you are playing a game and think about your surroundings, like river movement, weather, sunsets, wind, things falling, and anything else you can think of, game developers need to have an understanding of the physics involved. But to develop an environment that is trying to make it as real as possible, I wouldn't say you need a masters in physics, but you need to know physics. Are game developers physicists since their profession requires the understanding of it? 

On 8/3/2021 at 3:04 PM, Heatman said:

They may or may not be physicists as far as I'm can tell but one thing that I do know very well is that they are psychologists in a way. 

I have no doubts in that at all. There are a ton of games that challenges our ethical decision making. Colleges can make good use of games in psychology and sociology classes. The hell with textbooks. Let's run some sims. 

2 hours ago, Reality vs Adventure said:

I have no doubts in that at all. There are a ton of games that challenges our ethical decision making. Colleges can make good use of games in psychology and sociology classes. The hell with textbooks. Let's run some sims. 

Haha, being open to other unorthodox methods might be very helpful without them knowing and there's no harm in trying it out.