Register Now
killamch89

Would you rather read a romantic novel together or watch a romantic movie together?

16 hours ago, The Blackangel said:

Pass as well. Unless my ambien prescription runs out, I don't need them. Also I can't stand them because they're just so stupid. I have only one, and that's Titanic. The only reason I have it, is because when it came out the reception was insane. Everyone was going nuts over it so, naturally, I got curious.

I agree - Romantic movies and books focus on people ignoring reality and following their "feelings of love" which is never a good idea and then somehow everything worked out and everyone lives happily ever after. As a kid, I did somewhat like Titanic but as I grew older, I've become so indifferent to it.

The worst thing is when they use a tragic event and try to make a love story out of it. My grandfather was a WW2 veteran. Granted he was in Germany and part of the American unit that helped liberate and freed Auschwitz, but when the movie Pearl Harbor came out, he went full on ballistic. I was never comfortable around the man to begin with, but even as an adult, I was truly scared at that point. I heard that some of the Titanic survivors were pissed about that movie as well. Capitalizing on something like that just trivialize it to make a buck off of it.

On 8/5/2021 at 9:22 AM, The Blackangel said:

The worst thing is when they use a tragic event and try to make a love story out of it. My grandfather was a WW2 veteran. Granted he was in Germany and part of the American unit that helped liberate and freed Auschwitz, but when the movie Pearl Harbor came out, he went full on ballistic. I was never comfortable around the man to begin with, but even as an adult, I was truly scared at that point. I heard that some of the Titanic survivors were pissed about that movie as well. Capitalizing on something like that just trivialize it to make a buck off of it.

That's Hollyweird for ya! Didn't they also make a movie about 9/11? I rest my case...

9 hours ago, The Blackangel said:

I think there was talk about it, but with this year only being the 20th anniversary of the event I think it was rejected pretty quick. I may be wrong though.

I looked it up and Snakes on a plane was based on the events of 9/11. It's amazing how Hollywood will turn anything into a movie for profit. 

17 hours ago, killamch89 said:

I looked it up and Snakes on a plane was based on the events of 9/11. It's amazing how Hollywood will turn anything into a movie for profit. 

Snakes On A Plane was one of the dumbest fucking movies I've ever seen in my life. I don't know what the hell kind of crack the creators were smoking, and what the hell they spiked the actor's drinks with to get them to do the damn movie, but it must have been some powerful shit. I've seen creature features, and B movies, but those are Oscar winners compared to Snakes On A Plane.

2 hours ago, The Blackangel said:

Snakes On A Plane was one of the dumbest fucking movies I've ever seen in my life. I don't know what the hell kind of crack the creators were smoking, and what the hell they spiked the actor's drinks with to get them to do the damn movie, but it must have been some powerful shit. I've seen creature features, and B movies, but those are Oscar winners compared to Snakes On A Plane.

I've only ever watched that movie once and I'll never watch it again. I just didn't understand all the hype about it when it was released - Samuel L Jackson was the only person who was somewhat convincing in his role. Even then the movie never made much sense...