Register Now
The Blackangel

The Courier

You are offered a strange job by a New York based company:

Every morning at 6:00AM, a car service will come to your home and drive you to JFK Airport (40 minutes from your residence). You will then take an 8:00AM (business class) flight to Los Angeles, arriving at roughly 11:30AM. You will be picked up at the airport and driven to a Burbank office, where you will hand over 3 innocuous (but unfaxable) documents to the corporations president. You will then be driven straight back to LAX, where you will immediately catch a return flight to New York. Another car will pick you up at the New York airport at 9:00PM and return you to your home in New York City.  This is what you would do every day, five days a week: Wake up in New York, fly 5½ hours to Los Angeles, and then immediately fly 5½ hours back. You have to wear dress clothes, but your lunches can be expensed and you would have no other responsibilities while flying. The pay would be a 10% increase from what you currently earn but they would need a three year commitment.

Would you take this job?

On 8/5/2021 at 10:22 AM, The Blackangel said:

You are offered a strange job by a New York based company:

Every morning at 6:00AM, a car service will come to your home and drive you to JFK Airport (40 minutes from your residence). You will then take an 8:00AM (business class) flight to Los Angeles, arriving at roughly 11:30AM. You will be picked up at the airport and driven to a Burbank office, where you will hand over 3 innocuous (but unfaxable) documents to the corporations president. You will then be driven straight back to LAX, where you will immediately catch a return flight to New York. Another car will pick you up at the New York airport at 9:00PM and return you to your home in New York City.  This is what you would do every day, five days a week: Wake up in New York, fly 5½ hours to Los Angeles, and then immediately fly 5½ hours back. You have to wear dress clothes, but your lunches can be expensed and you would have no other responsibilities while flying. The pay would be a 10% increase from what you currently earn but they would need a three year commitment.

Would you take this job?

It'd take a bit of discipline on my part but I could do it. Just to fly back and forth everyday - sign me up! Although I'd hardly interact with anyone, I'd be fine as long as I get to see my dogs everyday.