Register Now
killamch89

Would you rather get a paper cut every time you turn a page or bite your tongue every time you eat?

I was going to mention that paper cuts burn as well. I would much rather bite my tongue. It's annoying as hell, sure. But it goes away quick. Also theres nothing in the question saying you would bite your tongue more then once when you start eating.

Edited by The Blackangel

7 hours ago, The Blackangel said:

I was going to mention that paper cuts burn as well. I would much rather bite my tongue. It's annoying as hell, sure. But it goes away quick. Also theres nothing in the question saying you would bite your tongue more then once when you start eating.

I'd rather be stung repeatedly by wasps than get a papercut, I swear. I've been stabbed multiple times before and it's still less painful than a papercut. If the CIA was smart, they'd torture their prisoners by giving them papercuts, they'd snitch pretty fast 🤣

18 hours ago, killamch89 said:

I'd rather be stung repeatedly by wasps than get a papercut, I swear. I've been stabbed multiple times before and it's still less painful than a papercut. If the CIA was smart, they'd torture their prisoners by giving them papercuts, they'd snitch pretty fast 🤣

I've been stabbed with a pencil and shot in the leg. I would happily take either over a papercut.

2 hours ago, The Blackangel said:

I've been stabbed with a pencil and shot in the leg. I would happily take either over a papercut.

I totally agree - I've even had cuts that went straight through to the bone and I'd rather get those again than a papercut...

Several years ago, I was trying to open a bag of prunes and having a shitload of trouble. Well my finger slipped and the entire length of the underside of my left index finger was cut so deep that the entire bone was exposed. I should have lost all use of it, but somehow it still works like it should, despite everything being sliced in two.

Another time I found a baseball bat on my way home one night and decided to bring it with me. It had duct tape all around the handle. I took out a knife and was trying to cut the tape off. Well, I was being stupid, and ended up running the blade through the pad on my left ring finger. That one took 4 stitches to close.

My pain tolerance let me just look at both of these and think "God Damnit". With the bat incident, I didn't have a car, and had to ride my bike about 10 miles across town, in the rain, with a sock around my finger. It wasn't fun. With the prune incident, I just put some gauze on it then wrapped it with duct tape. Redneck Band-Aids. If you grew up on a farm like I did, then you know how they work quite well.