Register Now
killamch89

Would you rather forget your partner’s birthday or your anniversary every year?

7 hours ago, The Blackangel said:

Despite both of us being girls, we don't really put much value in remembering things like that. A card is always appreciated. But hell I forget my own birthday. So if she does too it's no issue at all to me.

In recent years, the same thing has happened. I only remembered my birthday because my friends planned surprise parties for me and I got a lot of calls and messages.

We don’t celebrate birthdays, anniversaries, even holidays. Just another day. However, we DO acknowledge them. Let the person know they are loved & thought of. But as my husband always says, I don’t need a day to remind my family I love them. I think it means more when it's out of the blue, for no reason, than because it's a 'have to' according to society's rules.

On 8/18/2021 at 10:46 AM, ZandraJoi said:

We don’t celebrate birthdays, anniversaries, even holidays. Just another day. However, we DO acknowledge them. Let the person know they are loved & thought of. But as my husband always says, I don’t need a day to remind my family I love them. I think it means more when it's out of the blue, for no reason, than because it's a 'have to' according to society's rules.

I quite like this - making the ones we cherish know that our love is everlasting and not just a one-off thing.