Register Now
killamch89

Would you rather be filthy rich and live 400 years ago or be poor but live today?

7 hours ago, The Blackangel said:

I've been barrel bottom poor all my life. Also I've always wanted to live in the Renaissance as opposed to today, so I would choose being rich and living 400 years ago as well.

You'd get away with way more in that era than in this era even if you were wealthy in this era because you'd be a target for all kinds of people.

Back then if you killed someone, people didn't really bat an eye, unless the person you killed was someone they cared about. There were outlaws in those times. There is no such thing as an outlaw anymore. It's just a "person of interest" or someone with a warrant. And that warrant could be anything from not paying for a traffic ticket, to murder.

10 hours ago, The Blackangel said:

Back then if you killed someone, people didn't really bat an eye, unless the person you killed was someone they cared about. There were outlaws in those times. There is no such thing as an outlaw anymore. It's just a "person of interest" or someone with a warrant. And that warrant could be anything from not paying for a traffic ticket, to murder.

Agreed - people went missing a lot back in the days and nobody really cared.