Register Now
killamch89

Would you rather eat the food prepared by your mom or your partner?

I'm going to be honest, my partner is Vietnamese and while she can cook, some of their dishes just don't resonate with me so I'd have to go with my mother because she's an excellent cook and she was the one who taught me how to cook and to love cooking. Which would you rather?

12 hours ago, The Blackangel said:

Even though she was abusive as hell, I gotta give credit where credit is due. My mother was an amazing cook. One of the best I have ever met. I would love to have another meal prepared by her.

I'm going to have to be honest - one of my partner's Vietnamese vegetarian dishes almost taste like freshly cut grass and I've never eaten grass before but I imagine that's how it'd taste. I don't mind when she does their version of BBQ chicken because that's delicious but some of them taste like animal food. Well she did grow up on a farm so I wonder if she's on the same diet as the farm animals lol.

9 hours ago, The Blackangel said:

I learned to cook from my grandmother, and I'm a great cook. But I despise doing it. I just want to eat. These days my idea of cooking is a frozen pizza, or anything that can go in the microwave or toaster.

Some days, I do feel like that especially when I'm extremely hungry - I'd much rather eat food someone prepared so I can blame them for not hurrying up and preparing my meal.