Register Now
killamch89

Would you rather have a peaceful family life or an adventurous single life?

10 hours ago, The Blackangel said:

Easy answer. Adventurous single life.

I wanted to start doing some travelling again but with the delta variant spreading so rapidly, I just feel like our country is going to go into complete lockdown again. As a matter of fact, it's already partially locked down again.

14 hours ago, The Blackangel said:

You won't see the US in total lockdown as we're over run by antivaxxers, antimaskers, and covid deniers. Both civilians and politicians. Just take a look at Florida.

To be honest, due to our country being dependent on Tourism, I don't think they'd do that again unless it's a last resort kind of thing.

The US gets a lot of bank from tourism, but not so much that we depend on it. It typically goes to the state people go to which is usually NY or Cali. Unless you live on the border. Americans travel state to state for different things. You'll see tons of Americans taking a couple weeks in the Rockies to go skiing. You'll see tons go to the coast for the beaches. Hawaii is especially popular for that. A lot go to Alaska to experience the untouched wilderness and/or hunting. Missouri for example, is extremely popular for spelunking.

If you were to compare the number of tourists we get to the number of time Americans spend abroad as the tourist, it wouldn't really compare. We're the tourist a lot more of the time, and the Caribbean is one of the most popular destinations for everyone going on a cruise. I've been on 3 cruises down there, and loved almost every minute of it. It's beautiful, and the tours of different places made me want to live there. I just wouldn't have the money. If I was a millionaire, believe me, I would be out of the US and down there in a heartbeat. Buy a plot of land, have a cabin built way off in the woods, and live a quiet solitary life in a place that I would be happy.

But unfortunately that will never happen.
Çest la vie