Register Now
killamch89

Would you rather have a dolphin or a kangaroo as a pet?

This is a tough one for me but I'd rather take the dolphin. Having interacted with dolphins in the past, I can say without a doubt that they're extremely intelligent and aware of how to deal with humans. I wouldn't mind having a kangaroo though as I could teach it to kick strangers that trespass on my property. Which one would you choose?

Kangaroos can't survive in the cold winters here, so I would have to have a heated building for them to live in when it gets cold. And a dolphin would also be extremely difficult to take care of because I wold have to be constantly checking the water to make sure it had the right salinity level.

But for the sake of argument, if neither of those were a factor, I would prefer the dolphin. I've done dolphin encounters, and fed them at Sea World, and they are just amazing sweethearts.

13 hours ago, The Blackangel said:

Kangaroos can't survive in the cold winters here, so I would have to have a heated building for them to live in when it gets cold. And a dolphin would also be extremely difficult to take care of because I wold have to be constantly checking the water to make sure it had the right salinity level.

But for the sake of argument, if neither of those were a factor, I would prefer the dolphin. I've done dolphin encounters, and fed them at Sea World, and they are just amazing sweethearts.

I've actually had encounters with wild dolphins and they're pretty amazing as well. That being said, just for the giggles, I'd teach my kangaroo to kick some people like this:

On 8/28/2021 at 1:24 PM, The Blackangel said:

Yeah, but you would be in a world of shit, because a single kick from a kangaroo can kill a human instantly. They can make vital organs literally explode in your body, and you're dead before you hit the ground.

I know but it won't be kicking me so I'd just be laughing the whole time. Zebras also possess a deadly kick - I think it's one of the first animals I've seen kick a lion and break its jaw.

11 hours ago, ZandraJoi said:

I love all animals but marine mammals get my vote so I pick dolphin. They are highly intelligent, most definitely. They can have emotions that are similar to humans.

A kangaroo, I'd be scared of their kick or their 'boxing' technique.

Dolphins and elephants are some of the most intelligent animals you'll ever encounter. Dolphins and Killer Whales have a societal structure similar to humans and they also have the capacity to feel empathy.