Register Now
killamch89

Would you rather touch a spider or a lizard?

I had two bearded dragons, but gave them away because I didn't have the time to give them the attention they needed. Also, my best friend's son had wanted one for a long time, but they're expensive as hell. So I gave him one.

I've held tarantulas, and the feel weird. I've also handled snakes, and even held a baby crocodile. So I very much prefer the lizard, or any reptile for that matter, over the tarantula. But that's probably due to me having more experience with reptiles than spiders. Unless killing spiders counts.

On 8/28/2021 at 2:47 PM, The Blackangel said:

I had two bearded dragons, but gave them away because I didn't have the time to give them the attention they needed. Also, my best friend's son had wanted one for a long time, but they're expensive as hell. So I gave him one.

I've held tarantulas, and the feel weird. I've also handled snakes, and even held a baby crocodile. So I very much prefer the lizard, or any reptile for that matter, over the tarantula. But that's probably due to me having more experience with reptiles than spiders. Unless killing spiders counts.

Tarantulas are quite the weird ones because if you drop them from anywhere above knee height, they'll die with their guts splattered all over the floor. They also lack a lot of agility compared to the typical spider. As I've said in other posts, I have the resident lizard as well and sometimes he falls into the bathtub and I have to take him out. He doesn't struggle at all and he just gets on with his day once I put him back down.