Register Now
killamch89

If death is the end game, why do we live at all?

It's been a question that's boggled my mind since I was a kid, we're just living to die. It can be argued that each person has to find value in their own lives which I do agree with but there's a part of that still questions the point of all this? What are your thoughts on this?

There is no point. Why did the dinosaurs live? For that matter why are they extinct? Life has no valid point. It's merely evolution in it's simplest form. Maybe we're an experiment by a higher intelligence from another planet. Maybe we're a quarantined civilization because we're not a civilized creature.

Man lives. Man dies. All creatures have the same fate. Live, breed, die. Some choose not to breed. So it's just live and die. The moment you're born you start to die. That's simply a cold hard fact of "life". The only thing we're guaranteed in life is death. With the exception of a suicide, the when and how of death is the only thing about it that's unknown.

Edited by The Blackangel

On 8/28/2021 at 3:04 PM, The Blackangel said:

There is no point. Why did the dinosaurs live? For that matter why are they extinct? Life has no valid point. It's merely evolution in it's simplest form. Maybe we're an experiment by a higher intelligence from another planet. Maybe we're a quarantined civilization because we're not a civilized creature.

Man lives. Man dies. All creatures have the same fate. Live, breed, die. Some choose not to breed. So it's just live and die. The moment you're born you start to die. That's simply a cold hard fact of "life". The only thing we're guaranteed in life is death. With the exception of a suicide, the when and how of death is the only thing about it that's unknown.

It's the simple truth - we live to die.