Register Now
killamch89

Would you rather quit coffee or wine for life?

I've never been the biggest fan of wine, but I love a good cup of black coffee. So fuck the wine, give me the rocket fuel.

Meaning if my coffee isn't strong enough to fuel a rocket to Saturn and back 10 times in 5 minutes, then is ain't god damn strong enough. Keep brewing or rebrew, whatever it takes, and don't screw it up again! I'm not here for hot water, I'm here for hot rocket fuel coffee.

Edited by The Blackangel

10 hours ago, The Blackangel said:

I've never been the biggest fan of wine, but I love a good cup of black coffee. So fuck the wine, give me the rocket fuel.

Meaning if my coffee isn't strong enough to fuel a rocket to Saturn and back 10 times in 5 minutes, then is ain't god damn strong enough. Keep brewing or rebrew, whatever it takes, and don't screw it up again! I'm not here for hot water, I'm here for hot rocket fuel coffee.

To be fair, wine does have a few health benefits in moderate servings but I just don't like getting wasted anymore. I'd much rather be on an energetic high from caffeine than that. 

11 hours ago, killamch89 said:

To be fair, wine does have a few health benefits in moderate servings but I just don't like getting wasted anymore. I'd much rather be on an energetic high from caffeine than that. 

It used to be said that a glass of red wine per day was good for your heart. But I read an article about that a few years ago that got me wondering. In it the doctors interviewed said that just a little bit of alcohol, whatever kind you chose (beer, whiskey, wine, rum, etc.) was good for your heart. They were saying that because the alcohol itself kept blood clots from forming in your veins (true? false?) and could prevent heart attacks. That it didn't have to be wine specifically. I found that interesting. I don't know what the consensus says now, but that was just what the article said.

Edited by The Blackangel

12 hours ago, The Blackangel said:

It used to be said that a glass of red wine per day was good for your heart. But I read an article about that a few years ago that got me wondering. In it the doctors interviewed said that just a little bit of alcohol, whatever kind you chose (beer, whiskey, wine, rum, etc.) was good for your heart. They were saying that because the alcohol itself kept blood clots from forming in your veins (true? false?) and could prevent heart attacks. That it didn't have to be wine specifically. I found that interesting. I don't know what the consensus says now, but that was just what the article said.

Actually, due to grapes containing a certain compound (I don't quite remember the name but it's pretty long), it's good for things like strengthening your blood vessels and can even prolong your life. Real wine has some of those benefits especially red wine. It's  true that alcohol in small quantities does relax your blood vessels preventing clots (at least that's what has been there for years) which would likely reduce the chance of a heart attack.