Register Now
killamch89

Would you rather work a boring but secure job forever or start a new venture?

Since I was faced with the same situation years ago, I choose to start a new venture and it's been the best thing that's ever happened to me. I've learned a lot as well as grown as a person - I doubt I've have gotten the same kind of growth and maturity on so many levels staying in the same dead-end job forever. What are your thoughts on this?

If it leads to knowledge, I would take the new venture. If I was already in a field that dealt with something I loved (like astronomy) then I would stay where I already was.

I know I mention the pursuit knowledge all the time on these forums. I do that simply to illustrate how important knowledge is, not only to me, but should be to everyone. I'm a slow learner, but that doesn't mean I should stop trying to educate myself in as many areas as possible.

Edited by The Blackangel

11 hours ago, The Blackangel said:

If it leads to knowledge, I would take the new venture. If I was already in a field that dealt with something I loved (like astronomy) then I would stay where I already was.

I know I mention the pursuit knowledge all the time on these forums. I do that simply to illustrate how important knowledge is, not only to me, but should be to everyone. I'm a slow learner, but that doesn't mean I should stop trying to educate myself in as many areas as possible.

Same reason I quit my job seven years ago. I don't like stagnation in my life especially when there's so much out there that I can learn. I've gained so much knowledge on how to setup businesses. Who to contact when I want to start a business in a new country, how to structure my business so that it runs efficiently and the business assets can be protected from lawsuits, divorce etc.