Register Now
The Blackangel

The Dark Pictures Anthology

Is anyone into this? I'm getting ready to start playing it, but wanted to get some thoughts first. I currently have Man Of Medan and Little Hope. I'm trying to decide which one to check out first. I've had Man Of Medan for a while now, but never got around to actually playing it. I picked up Little Hope a day or two ago. But before starting up, I figured I would come here first and get some feedback on the series, and find out what everyone who has played any of the entries thought.

On 11/19/2021 at 3:01 AM, Reality vs Adventure said:

I've been wondering about that too. I remember a while back you said you got Man of Medan because I was curious about it. But what exactly is this series, is it choices based? And are they all stand alone stories? 

I know it's a year old, but it is a series of choice-based game where you can get different endings based on your choices. They're largely standalone stories, but they do have references to one another.

I just started playing this series a week ago and I'm not already trying to get my platinum for House of Ashes. I've played Man of Medan a long time ago but never got all the achievements. Having played this far, I think that, while they are standalone, it feels like it's building up to something in season 2 of the series (like an Infinity War crossover maybe? lol).

That said, would love to know if anyone's still playing these games as I've only started trying to complete all four games.

Man of Medan was fun with its subversion of your typical ghost ship, but I like Little Hope and House of Ashes' subversions a lot more, particularly the latter. I think out of the first three games, HoA is easily the strongest entry, with probably the best twist on a classic monster, which is why it's easily the most interesting thus far. However, I feel like The Devil in Me would top it from my first impression of the trailer. I have a feeling I know what classic monster it's going to subvert.

Edited by Akun