Register Now
Kane99

I'm glad we don't have movie tie in games as much anymore.

Oh man, movie tie-in games were often awful and a waste of time. Most tie-in games were rushed to release so they could make the movie release date. They often came out the day or, or the week of the movie release. But these days it hasn't happened a whole lot. If anything, I think most movie tie-in games, are kids movies and cartoon films. Why do you think they stopped releasing games side by side movie releases? 

Could it have been the quality of these games? The fact that they were often failures? Or could it be that fan outcry would catch up with it too fast and it would hurt the movie premiere? I'm sure there's a lot of reasons as to why movie tie-ins don't happen as often anymore. 

I'm glad it's slowed down though. Back in the PS2 and earlier eras, they were so often. I think the 360/ps3 era is when they mostly slowed down. 

I really don't know the reason behind the halt in side by side movie - game ties recently. Maybe their is no new movie releases that is much more enticing like the previous ones used in the past. Or they simply wants to do something new on their own and not copying anymore from movies.