Register Now
The Blackangel

Top 20 Dumbest Video Game Controversies

Hm, there seems to be a bit of revisionist history in the video. If memory serves the first included no 20. controversy was not about the game, but the dude's appearance on the game shows awards, where he said some controversial things. I didn't even know of the game cameo until now,. So it must not have been that big of a controversy then.

And number 18 is also a bit of a reach. Because the mining allegations were never properly debunked, just nobody seemed to care as the game was removed anyway. Just because the devs denied it on twitter is not exactly proof. Interestingly none of the articles claiming that it was debunked showed any sources proving it. A denial is not a debunking. And of all things having an unsolicited bitcoin miner on your device is probably one of the most legitimate reasons to be upset about.

And 17 is not even a controversy. Nobody got upset about that except for the asset flipping dev who made that atrocity. I thought a controversy is when there is mass outrage about something.

no 16, is another bad take on watchmojo's part. If a game comes out with a specific voice actor, then replacing that undoubtedly will cause friction. So I Think asking for having player choice in the voice is a perfectly reasonable thing.

no 12. here we go again. Locking content to an ultra duper special edition is very much a problem in the gaming industry nowadays, and if anything more people should call out devs and publishers on this. 

no 11. In a political climate where every white person is often collectively blamed by activists for slavery in the US, virtue signaling about that is obviously not going to go down well. Everybody knows slavery is bad, and we are tired of some folks thinking that people need reminding of that, or worse claiming that we are somehow responsible or benefiting from events that happened hundreds of years ago in a far far away place. Again bigoted us developers forget that the world does not end at the us border. 

no 9. This just gets worse and worse. The upset about halo was not about the fruit specifically but the overall lack of next gen qualities to the game, this is just one shoddy piece that makes the whole game underwhelming, which is a legitimate gripe for a supposed flasgship next gen title.

no 6. Wait if they said they are going to remove it, why did they make it in the first place? Just blizzard caught in another lie I guess. Not that I Think it should've been removed in the first place. What kind of snowflake gets offended by a covered butt?

no 4. This was actually funny, the guy who has come prepared with a  crab should've been rewarded not banned. Also it's funny how they say it's an assault by dead crab to somehow make the offence worse. Words you'd never utter otherwise. What are you eating? A dead crab. LOL.