Register Now
DC

[Sponsored] The FFXIV MSQ is still too frustrating for new players, even with Endwalker

One of the biggest concerns for FFXIV players is the often long-winding process of completing Main Scenario Quests, or MSQ for short. FFXIV's story is a delight to experience, but the trouble with the game's MSQ is that it involves a plethora of sequential quests that must be completed in a linear fashion. This means you can't take on another part of MSQ without finishing pre-requisite quests firsts.

This has been a point of frustration for newer players because some may just want to get into the action of FFXIV without going through a tedious questline; in which case, they may be setting themselves up for disappointment because FFXIV deals with its story a lot. Part of the FFXIV grand experience is its rich story and events. While players may use an FFXIV mount to get from point A to point B, main quests will still require you as a player to defeat mobs of enemies or bosses at key parts of it.

Alternatively, players may choose to get an FFXIV account that has already completed the story so they can just choose to do the Bahamut Coil raids — the Bahamut Coil represents the biggest challenge in the game and is an absolute blast to experience and a worthy obstacle to finish, and not everyone gets to finish it.

What do you think of the game's MSQ so far? Will Endwalker do a good job of tidying things up for it?

There is definitely a good possibility that Endwalker will help to ease things up for new gamers but I'm very sure that the challenge will still be there for some gamers. It's actually why some games argue the point of having such quest being made able to be skipped by choice!! 

I haven’t started Endwalker yet but friends have told me it is very short. I just wonder how they will keep players playing. Probably going to roll out an expansion. I like how FF14 is playing out. For new players they can buy  class level ups and scenario skips so they can jump to the newest main quest.

9 hours ago, Rain Dew said:

I haven’t started Endwalker yet but friends have told me it is very short. I just wonder how they will keep players playing. Probably going to roll out an expansion. I like how FF14 is playing out. For new players they can buy  class level ups and scenario skips so they can jump to the newest main quest.

If the option to skip is always there for gamers, I believe that most of them would definitely pick that option and get it over with.