Register Now
The Blackangel

Game Guide need

Are there any games that no matter how many times you have played it, no matter how many years you have been playing it, you still need a guide for at least one part? I do. It's Zelda OoT. The only part I need one for is the Water Temple. That's just so I can find my way around the damn thing. It is by far the most elaborate, complex, and confusing dungeon in the entire game. And although I have been playing the game for well over 20 years, I still have to have a guide to find my way around in the damn place. I don't need a guide anywhere else in the game or for anything else in the game. Just the water temple.

I do keep a FF8 guide handy, but that's only for reference. Like what a card will modify into and what that item can modify into, etc. I don't need it for gameplay. Just a reference manual for items and cards. I don't have that memorized, and can faithfully say that I never will.

6 hours ago, The Blackangel said:

Are there any games that no matter how many times you have played it, no matter how many years you have been playing it, you still need a guide for at least one part? I do. It's Zelda OoT. The only part I need one for is the Water Temple. That's just so I can find my way around the damn thing. It is by far the most elaborate, complex, and confusing dungeon in the entire game. And although I have been playing the game for well over 20 years, I still have to have a guide to find my way around in the damn place. I don't need a guide anywhere else in the game or for anything else in the game. Just the water temple.

I do keep a FF8 guide handy, but that's only for reference. Like what a card will modify into and what that item can modify into, etc. I don't need it for gameplay. Just a reference manual for items and cards. I don't have that memorized, and can faithfully say that I never will.

Honestly, I rarely use guides. It's mainly because I never dared as my parents to get me the game and the guides growing up, so I had like maybe 1 or 2 guides for certain games lol. I wanted guides for sure, but never ended up getting many of them. Anyway, I think with that Water Temple you mention, it's mainly because it's a literal maze isn't it? I'd understand having to need a guide even after years of playing, because some areas in games will be tough to remember. On top of that, isn't the water temple hard to move around in? I never played it, but I hear that level is hated by many. 

It’s almost unanimously hated. Not because it’s a generally difficult dungeon. But because it’s such a maze and one wrong turn can cost you hours of wasted time. Finding several of the paths and items is next to impossible. And the boss key is so hidden in a spot that literally no one would ever look, it’s not possible to beat without the guide.

On 1/7/2022 at 5:31 AM, Kane99 said:

Honestly, I rarely use guides. It's mainly because I never dared as my parents to get me the game and the guides growing up, so I had like maybe 1 or 2 guides for certain games lol. I wanted guides for sure, but never ended up getting many of them. Anyway, I think with that Water Temple you mention, it's mainly because it's a literal maze isn't it? I'd understand having to need a guide even after years of playing, because some areas in games will be tough to remember. On top of that, isn't the water temple hard to move around in? I never played it, but I hear that level is hated by many. 

Seriously, I would never dare to play Water Temple without using a guide because it's just like deciding to suffer yourself and waste your time intentionally.