Register Now
Kane99

Do you think games are too woke?

Don't take freedom of creativity and to have diversity and inclusivity for granted. Because there are people right now, today, who are doing everything they can to take that freedom away. Since the date this thread was created, affirmative action in the USA has now been banned. That means it is now illegal for any movie producer or game developer to claim they want equal representation in their work. I'm not sure how that affects the entertainment industry and we won't know till some time down the road. I mean, they can't be open about any diversity initiatives. They have to be silent about it. Banning affirmative action not only effects ethnic minorities, but it also will allow the suppression of females too. If a developer in America says they want a female to play a certain character because there are too many men, well, that is now illegal. In a way, that actually oppresses their freedom of speech too because they no longer have the freedom to say they want diversity in their work. How it all holds up in court, who knows. But that's how it is now in America. And it won't stop there. Yesterday it was book bans, tomorrow it is game bans. Enjoy what you can while you still can. 

I think it's absolutely fine for games to be inclusive, and if that makes certain games "woke" then whatever. The only things I don't like are when well established games get remakes and certain things are taken out because they're "too insensitive". For example, I wasn't a fan when the dialog of the old man outside of Erika's gym was changed, I thought the original text was hilarious.