Register Now
Dannyjax

Have your online gaming account been hacked?

58 minutes ago, Head_Hunter said:

I nearly lost my Facebook account when I clicked a particular link, thinking that the link is real, I entered my Facebook sensitive details, if not for the quick response of Facebook to lock my account I could've lost it. 

That's exactly the same thing with game's account. They find a way to get into your account once you have clicked the link they put out. 

20 hours ago, Heatman said:

This is more like what they do in social media accounts like Facebook and the rest. They would hack your friend's account and use it to try and hack your own. I normally know the kind of discussion I have with my friends and once you go off it, I will know that something is not right. 

As for my social media friends, if you don't have Two Factor Authentication set up in your account, you purposely want your account to be hacked because I always share the process every week on my timeline. 

14 hours ago, Dannyjax said:

I don't care about my friendship with you when it comes to getting links sent me. I know what they are capable of and would never fall a victim to their ploy again. 

A lot of spam and scam happens because you were sent offer by someone you trust. If you don't trust me go and ask someone who has been tricked to click suspicious link. Maybe you are too smart.

23 hours ago, Heatman said:

This is more like what they do in social media accounts like Facebook and the rest. They would hack your friend's account and use it to try and hack your own. I normally know the kind of discussion I have with my friends and once you go off it, I will know that something is not right. 

That's what I am trying to say. IN most cases, the suspicious links will come from someone you trust. The hackers will first hack your friends account and use it to send suspicious links.

4 hours ago, Jasmin said:

That's what I am trying to say. IN most cases, the suspicious links will come from someone you trust. The hackers will first hack your friends account and use it to send suspicious links.

If you know your friends well, you will easily pick up a hint that it's not them chatting you up when their account have been hacked. Unless you're not that observant, that's when you fall for it. 

13 hours ago, Heatman said:

It pained we a lot when I lots my first online (Facebook) to them and vowed never to let that happen to me again. Once it's a link sent to me, I report the account immediately. 

Some of the accounts that I have reported doesn't seem to taken care of by Facebook team. I don't know if it's because it's one report. 

12 hours ago, Dannyjax said:

Some of the accounts that I have reported doesn't seem to taken care of by Facebook team. I don't know if it's because it's one report. 

I believe that's a factor too. They must have gotten a lot of reports on a single account before they will move to investigate it. I'm sure that's the same thing with video games accounts. 

20 hours ago, Heatman said:

If you know your friends well, you will easily pick up a hint that it's not them chatting you up when their account have been hacked. Unless you're not that observant, that's when you fall for it. 

Yes, if you pay attention you can identify any issues early on. I have been on that situation. The best way to secure your game account is never log into your account through public computer or someone else's device.

On 6/5/2022 at 10:44 AM, Heatman said:

That's exactly the same thing with game's account. They find a way to get into your account once you have clicked the link they put out. 

My friend lost one of his accounts where he's got over 3000 hours of progress. He almost sinked into depression as a result of that. It was a painful experience for him. 

11 hours ago, Heatman said:

I believe that's a factor too. They must have gotten a lot of reports on a single account before they will move to investigate it. I'm sure that's the same thing with video games accounts. 

That's why massively and repeatedly reporting of such accounts makes it very swift for it to be banned immediately. 

19 hours ago, Jasmin said:

Yes, if you pay attention you can identify any issues early on. I have been on that situation. The best way to secure your game account is never log into your account through public computer or someone else's device.

Even if you do login in a public computer or someone else's smartphone, you should never click remember password. It's the mistake that most people make. 

16 minutes ago, Jasmin said:

Aha! That's something you should be very careful about. A lot of devices automatically save login details, therefore, you should avoid accessing accounts from someone else's devices.

I don't think they save it automatically. A prompt to have it saved always comes up, it's up to you to have it saved or not. Some users don't read that well and have it saved and that's their biggest mistake most time. 

It depends on what kind of settings you have applied. In order to avoid getting hacked, you need strong password, you need to avoid accessing your accounts form someone else's device and avoid clicking suspicious links.

12 hours ago, Jasmin said:

It depends on what kind of settings you have applied. In order to avoid getting hacked, you need strong password, you need to avoid accessing your accounts form someone else's device and avoid clicking suspicious links.

There's no browser settings that allows for automatic saving and remembering of passwords without the prompt to do so on each account you sign in with the browser.