Register Now
The Blackangel

Vampires Dagger - RDR2

I posted this on a forum that is strictly RDR2 only, but haven't gotten any responses over there yet. So I'm posting it here too since this forum is bigger and a lot more active.

So I hunted him down and killed the vampire. I specifically remember picking up his dagger and saving immediately. I have the bat wings, stringy meat, and drawing of him dead in my journal. But no dagger. I tried checking my weapons locker as well, but no dagger. I also have the army knife as well. But I can't find it either. I've searched all over my saddle, in everything I can find. But they just aren't showing up. They are in my compendium, but nowhere else. The broken pirate sword is on my saddle, as well as the 2 bit hatchet. But neither of these knives are anywhere to be found. What am I missing?

2 hours ago, The Blackangel said:

I posted this on a forum that is strictly RDR2 only, but haven't gotten any responses over there yet. So I'm posting it here too since this forum is bigger and a lot more active.

So I hunted him down and killed the vampire. I specifically remember picking up his dagger and saving immediately. I have the bat wings, stringy meat, and drawing of him dead in my journal. But no dagger. I tried checking my weapons locker as well, but no dagger. I also have the army knife as well. But I can't find it either. I've searched all over my saddle, in everything I can find. But they just aren't showing up. They are in my compendium, but nowhere else. The broken pirate sword is on my saddle, as well as the 2 bit hatchet. But neither of these knives are anywhere to be found. What am I missing?

I think I lost a hatchet in a similar way. I know in order to carry multiple knives, you can select them through the weapon wheel by moving left or right when you're hovered over it. But I would assume you know that, as you mention some of the other weapons. I know hatchets/axes stay in their own category, knives in their own, etc. 

To me, it sounds like it could be a glitch. Because if you drop any of your weapons, they should go back to your horse or your weapon locker. My other guess is that you encountered a glitch where you lost them somehow. Not sure what the problem would be. I would reach out to Rockstar and see if they can figure out what the issue is.