Register Now
Kane99

Do you think services like GamePass hurt game sales?

1 hour ago, Shortie said:

I am a firm believer that Game Pass actually helps developers more than it hurts them and my reason for believing that is because you always get gamers who want to keep their collection going and because of that, even if the game is on Game Pass, it doesn't stop them from buying it physically and keeping it in their collection. Game Pass is a great way for gamers to be able to try games for an affordable monthly price and decide if a game is something they want to purchase it. I feel a lot of developers thrive from allowing their games to be on Game Pass.

That's another reason I like Game pass. It allows me to try games I probably would have never played otherwise. So if anything we're probably helping many of these smaller games become more popular just because of it being available on game pass. Because, who's to say that some of these games would be a success without game pass? They could be forgotten to time, but game pass I think helps keep some games alive. 

On 11/3/2022 at 8:57 PM, Shortie said:

Game Pass is a great way for gamers to be able to try games for an affordable monthly price and decide if a game is something they want to purchase it. I feel a lot of developers thrive from allowing their games to be on Game Pass.

I feel same way too, at the end if you decide not to purchase it completely you've already subscribed for it and I strongly believe a percentage of that subscription goes to the game companies who has legal right and ownership of the video Games.