Register Now
Shagger

Bandai Namco Trademark Tales of Arise: Beyond the Dawn in Europe, But Why?

This isn't normally something I'd consider worthy of discussing, companies file patents all the time, but this one interesting because Bandai Namco have it clear in the past that Takes of Arise (Anyone unfamiliar with the game can check out my review if you wish here) was only ever going to be a standalone game with no sequals or DLC story expansions, so what the hell is this for? Full story from Push Square.

Maybe I'm being pessimistic, but with Tales of Crestoria being shut down back in February, I can't help but get the feeling we're looking at another mobile spin-off game. I personally would an expantion, but this isn't something that's tends to happen with this series. Not to mention the game's story was pretty much wrapped up and I don't feel it has anywhere to go.

Does anybody have a theory?

Maybe they didn't plan DLC ahead of time, with fear of the game underperforming, but changed their mind when it apparently did pretty well (I've yet to play it but I really want to)? If so, a DLC might not be impossible I'd reckon. Or even something like a sequel to create kind of a subseries in the same world?

It's Bandai after all, and they seem to love squeezing as much as they can from a game when it's deemed profitable, even retroactively. The same happened to Dark Souls 1, what with the expansion more or less being restored and expanded initially cut content, as is evident from the artbook of the original game.

That’s better be an anime version of arise because they stated multiple times there would be no sequel or story dlc. They need to make a new tales game because the story and characters of arise outside of shionne and boyfriend as well as daddy were AWFUL