Register Now
ImmersionGaming22

Which game scared you the most, maybe to the point of you not even being able to finish it?

On 1/12/2023 at 8:17 PM, Reality vs Adventure said:

That does sound pretty cool to hook up Oculus to PC. How does that even work though with a headset? Does it provide better graphics that way through the Oculus? Does the PC convert it's graphics into the headset? And of course sound improvement too right, if you have a speaker system? I think you are on to something that just might be top notch gaming experience. 

Also as to the sound, you could probably use a good surround sound system, but i would advise a good pair of surround sound headphones for VR, as then you are completely immersed! Logitech make a vey good pair of in ear headphones specifically made for VR which are supposed to be awesome. I personally use my 7.1 surround sound over ear headphones (corsair virtuoso SE) so yes mate sound is much better too through PC! 🙂

On 1/14/2023 at 9:59 PM, Moonface said:

Dead Space. When I first played it, I only got as far as grabbing the Plasma Cutter and noped out very shortly after. Didn't touch the game for months and only went back to it and got through it by using a guide so I could at least prepare myself for anything jumping out of vents at me and stuff. Eventually I stopped being so scared by the game but not until after I had beaten the campaign, so I didn't get to experience anything blind and appreciate the surprise encounters and stuff. At least I got to do that for Dead Space 2 though.

Eyup Moonface, i hope your well! 🙂

Yes bud Dead Space was awesome and is currently being remade, you can watch the trailers for the remake on youtube, it looks great, especially with todays graphics and physics engines! But yeah defo one of the scariest games ever! I used to play a game called F.E.A.R at around the same time as dead space, that was scary too, the girl in it reminded me of the girl from the Ring films! That's the problem with scary games though, sometimes they get too scary, but then if you watch a walkthrough and then know where everything is and what's going to happen, it spoils the whole experience, as ive done that in the past myself and it wasn't the same! 😞

On 1/16/2023 at 10:05 PM, killamch89 said:

That game quickly made me distrust all statues I see in-game as they kept constantly moving and peeking at you around corners. That is pretty genius how the game developers managed to make a normally inanimate object (the statue) so terrifying. I swear it'll take me some time before I ever try to replay that game.

Hahahahaha me too mate, wont be playing any scary games at all for a while in VR i dont think hahaha seriously if you have a VR headset, play Paranormal Activity in VR, you will never be the same again hahaha 🙂

On 1/18/2023 at 8:47 AM, ImmersionGaming22 said:

Hahahahaha me too mate, wont be playing any scary games at all for a while in VR i dont think hahaha seriously if you have a VR headset, play Paranormal Activity in VR, you will never be the same again hahaha 🙂

Wait - you played it in VR? How'd you manage not run into the wall or something. I don't think I could handle it in VR at all - the normal game is terrifying enough.

8 hours ago, killamch89 said:

Wait - you played it in VR? How'd you manage not run into the wall or something. I don't think I could handle it in VR at all - the normal game is terrifying enough.

IYes mate in VR, you have options depending on the floor space you have, if you have a large fllor space then you can walk around normally, but if you have limited floor space, like most of us do, you can use the analogue sticks on the handsets (same as using a controller) to walk about, although you can still move about too for short distance by walking, same as you can duck or lay down if needed, that came in handy when playing Medal Of Honor above and beyond in VR, as you can duck down behind cover when shooting lol honestly mate playing games in VR on a quest 2 hooked up to a good gaming PC in next level stuff, its mind blowing as you are actually in the game! 🙂 i Played GTA 5 in VR too hahaha that was a laugh, but yeah mate on a serious note playing horror games in VR is not for the faint of heart let me tell you lol it scared the crap out of me, as you are actually in the haunted house and can see and hear the paranormal activity going on around you as opposed to on a screen, especially with a good pair of surround sound headphones on, so you hear every floorboard creak or door slam, its on another level altogether, im not easily scared bud, but that really did make me not want to be there it was horrible, but fantastic all at the same time hahaha 

Probably a rare pick, when I was at a friend's house (who played much more M-rated games than me) I was so traumatized by the introduction in Max Payne 1 when his family gets murdered that I immediately ran home completely shattered and just started crying.

On 1/20/2023 at 8:22 PM, ImmersionGaming22 said:

IYes mate in VR, you have options depending on the floor space you have, if you have a large fllor space then you can walk around normally, but if you have limited floor space, like most of us do, you can use the analogue sticks on the handsets (same as using a controller) to walk about, although you can still move about too for short distance by walking, same as you can duck or lay down if needed, that came in handy when playing Medal Of Honor above and beyond in VR, as you can duck down behind cover when shooting lol honestly mate playing games in VR on a quest 2 hooked up to a good gaming PC in next level stuff, its mind blowing as you are actually in the game! 🙂 i Played GTA 5 in VR too hahaha that was a laugh, but yeah mate on a serious note playing horror games in VR is not for the faint of heart let me tell you lol it scared the crap out of me, as you are actually in the haunted house and can see and hear the paranormal activity going on around you as opposed to on a screen, especially with a good pair of surround sound headphones on, so you hear every floorboard creak or door slam, its on another level altogether, im not easily scared bud, but that really did make me not want to be there it was horrible, but fantastic all at the same time hahaha 

I get what you mean - I just want VR to improve further before taking the plunge. I'd like to try playing Alien Isolation with VR if it's possible because I know it'd be an extremely horrific experience.

On 1/22/2023 at 5:20 PM, killamch89 said:

I get what you mean - I just want VR to improve further before taking the plunge. I'd like to try playing Alien Isolation with VR if it's possible because I know it'd be an extremely horrific experience.

Hi mate, you can pretty much play any game in VR via a program called VorpX, which allows you to play in VR. The problem being that sometimes the HUD doesn't look good in VR, obviously as it wasn't made for it, but because the VR following is now growing (quite quickly, probably due to VR now being at a playable level now, if hooked up to a PC) so usually you can find a mod that makes the game more playable in VR, which is really good, as there has been quite a few games in the past that would have been good in VR, infect probably most first person games would benefit in some form from being played in VR, as it just raises the immersion level ten fold! You can play Fallout 4 in VR now and Skyrim, which are both official VR releases, nit just modded by the community! So yeah mate all in all i would say now is a good time to get into VR, as the community is now growing fast, as the tech is now at a level where its believable and playable in games, although the jury is still out on if ill ever play another horror game in VR hahahaha! I think as it gets more and more popular you will probably see the prices of the VR headsets skyrocket, which has already happened tbh, as i bought a quest 2 about 8 months ago 2nd hand fo around £180, which i ended up selling as i moved home and needed extra cash, anyway i bought another Quest 2 2nd hand about 3 months ago and i could not find one anywhere for less than £300, which is crazy when you bear in mind months earlier when they were newer to the market, i could get one for £120 less, so it just shows you how much VR has taken off in the past 6 months and its only getting more and more popular/expensive, its the start of Ready Player One in my opinion! 🙂

On 1/24/2023 at 6:40 AM, ImmersionGaming22 said:

Hi mate, you can pretty much play any game in VR via a program called VorpX, which allows you to play in VR. The problem being that sometimes the HUD doesn't look good in VR, obviously as it wasn't made for it, but because the VR following is now growing (quite quickly, probably due to VR now being at a playable level now, if hooked up to a PC) so usually you can find a mod that makes the game more playable in VR, which is really good, as there has been quite a few games in the past that would have been good in VR, infect probably most first person games would benefit in some form from being played in VR, as it just raises the immersion level ten fold! You can play Fallout 4 in VR now and Skyrim, which are both official VR releases, nit just modded by the community! So yeah mate all in all i would say now is a good time to get into VR, as the community is now growing fast, as the tech is now at a level where its believable and playable in games, although the jury is still out on if ill ever play another horror game in VR hahahaha! I think as it gets more and more popular you will probably see the prices of the VR headsets skyrocket, which has already happened tbh, as i bought a quest 2 about 8 months ago 2nd hand fo around £180, which i ended up selling as i moved home and needed extra cash, anyway i bought another Quest 2 2nd hand about 3 months ago and i could not find one anywhere for less than £300, which is crazy when you bear in mind months earlier when they were newer to the market, i could get one for £120 less, so it just shows you how much VR has taken off in the past 6 months and its only getting more and more popular/expensive, its the start of Ready Player One in my opinion! 🙂

Thanks for telling me about VorpX. I also knew that Fallout 4 and Skyrim had official VR releases and plenty of mods for both so I can't wait to try out those in the future. So the Quest is the only VR headset you've used up to this point? Do you have to login to Facebook just to use it as the media was reporting a while back or is it straight plug n play?

On 1/21/2023 at 1:27 PM, Tonberry said:

Probably a rare pick, when I was at a friend's house (who played much more M-rated games than me) I was so traumatized by the introduction in Max Payne 1 when his family gets murdered that I immediately ran home completely shattered and just started crying.

On 1/30/2023 at 9:25 PM, killamch89 said:

Thanks for telling me about VorpX. I also knew that Fallout 4 and Skyrim had official VR releases and plenty of mods for both so I can't wait to try out those in the future. So the Quest is the only VR headset you've used up to this point? Do you have to login to Facebook just to use it as the media was reporting a while back or is it straight plug n play?

Hey Killamch89, again sorry for the late reply, but ive explained my current circumstance on your other comment! 😞 But yes mate ive only bothered with the quest 2, as the price of the other headsets that match its performance are more expensive and dont have the benefit of being able to use them as standalone headsets, for example if you were to take it to a mates house to play some less serious VR games in standalone mode, plus the quest 2 has one of the best display ratios on the market for its price point, so it was the only choice for me tbh! As to FB you only have to log into FB account when you set it up for the first time, then it just starts u normally after that and you go either into your standalone home, or your hooked up to the PC home depending on how ur using it. i wasn't a fan of having to log into FB at first tbh but it was a small price to pay for such a good headset. That is the main reason why the quest 2 is so affordable, due to the logging into FB thing so it all comes down to personal opinions! as i say though you only log in on first set up, after that your straight in as soon as u boot it up! 🙂

On 1/21/2023 at 1:27 PM, Tonberry said:

Hey Tonberry, god Max Payne, now there is a bast from the past, me and my younger brother where quite shocked by those games too, at the time they were released the subject matter was quite brave in all honesty, as at that point there were loads of discussions about games causing violence in kids (in know it still gets discussed, but it was way more prominent in the media back then, as games were still quite new) I always remember the red snow parts of those games too, really creepy! But they ended up being one of my favorite game's back then, its a shame t didn't carry n or get re made with modern graphics! 🙂

Dead Space for sure. I was the same exact way back then. I never have gone back and played it ever again. Now that I am much older and wiser, I plan to do so with the remake perhaps. I think that it's normal to have these kind of fears, so don't hold it against anyone. 

On 1/21/2023 at 8:27 AM, Tonberry said:

It was traumatizing to be fair and I also remember because I was a kid at the time and played it as well.