Register Now
killamch89

If you could merge any two current consumer tech products to create a new one, what would they be and what would the result be like?

I have always been dubious about foldable smartphones if I am honest especially with how they fold now with the screen. I can't say I have heard many issues with these foldable smart phones but I guess I worry about the possibility of it ruining the screen at some point. If foldable smartphones and tablets were possible though that would be a cool thing to have, would allow you to take your tablet with you places without needing a huge space to keep it. 

In terms of what two consumer products I would like to see merged I'm not sure. There are things I can think of such as maybe a PC and a smartphone so that you could do all the things on your PC that you can do on a smart phone but also use it as a PC as normal as well but in a sense we can already do that as we have apps to be able to do that on our PC's. 

On 2/18/2023 at 2:53 PM, Shortie said:

I have always been dubious about foldable smartphones if I am honest especially with how they fold now with the screen. I can't say I have heard many issues with these foldable smart phones but I guess I worry about the possibility of it ruining the screen at some point. If foldable smartphones and tablets were possible though that would be a cool thing to have, would allow you to take your tablet with you places without needing a huge space to keep it. 

In terms of what two consumer products I would like to see merged I'm not sure. There are things I can think of such as maybe a PC and a smartphone so that you could do all the things on your PC that you can do on a smart phone but also use it as a PC as normal as well but in a sense we can already do that as we have apps to be able to do that on our PC's. 

I mean smartphones are really powerful nowadays so for casual tasks you'd do on your PC, you can actually use your smartphone to do them. That being said, it'll take a good 20 years from now before we see smartphones come anywhere near the computing power of PCs of this age.