Register Now
The Blackangel

RDR Coming to PS5/PS5 August 17th!!!!

We’ve been speculating about a rerelease for a while now, but now it’s confirmed. On August 17th RDR1 alongside Undead Nightmare will be released together! I’m definitely getting it. I’m not particularly interested in Undead Nightmare, but as ling as I can just play RDR1, I’m happy. Being that it’s coming out now, I’m absolutely sure that it has been remastered as well. It’s technically a PS4 game, but is backwards compatible with the PS5.

More information has been coming out about these ports of RDR coming to PS4 and Switch and it not's not good. For a start, they are posts of the game that was on XB360. Not a remaster, not a remake, just a straight port with no enhancements other than the game running at 1080p on the PS4 and the Switch in docked mode. So even on the PS5, it won't run at 4K. Also, because it's just a straight port of a 7nth gen game, its 30fps across the board. And for this, they want $50.

Rockstar and Take Two can go shove one of them 13 year old digital cactuses up thier ass! No wonder they aren't brining this to the Xbox Series X/S as you can already play that game on that hardware through Xbox's backwards compatibility, and at 1440p on the Series S 4K on the Series X! You literally buy RDR GOTY with all the DLC and multiplayer for XB1 for nearly half the price of this bullshit port with more content and enhancements right now. Yes, it's still 30fps, but it's better than what this "new" version is offering. This is a shitshow and the fans deserve better than this.

Edited by Shagger

It's worse than we thought. The re-release actually has LESS content than the original PS3 release. Not to mention it being released on Switch, which is a severely bad move. Switch doesn't run AAA titles worth a shit. The only plus it has in that arena is being mobile. And the price tag of $49.99 (£39.37/€45.65) is just bullshit.

Here's the article.