Register Now
Bizdustry

Gaming relationships

Building relationships through gaming is not limited by gender and can happen with girlfriends, just as it does with any other type of partner. Many couples find joy and connection by playing video games together, creating a space for bonding, shared interests, and fun. On the flip side of the coin, gaming relationships can be distracting and many couples could break up from arguments over specific things relating to gaming as a whole. Have you ever developed a relationship in real life with a gamer, that is now or was your partner? 

Edited by Bizdustry

I am currently in a relationship and we are both gamers and I can't say that I have noticed that it has caused any issues for either of us. 

Sometimes we play games together and other times we play with friends separately which we feel helps a lot as in some cases, you can end up getting fed up of each other if you spend too much time doing the same thing. 

My husband and I met and what brought us together partially was our enjoyment of games. We enjoy playing video games together and enjoy discussing games. We don't really have arguments over it or anything. Towards the very beginning of our relationship and he lost his job during COVID he played games and didn't communicate with me for a week, it almost ended there. Discovered he was just upset and down on himself, after he realized I was not going to be put off like that we haven't dealt with that again. Obviously we worked out since we still decided to get married lol. 

In my previous relationships I preferred if they were gamers because I wanted to have that hobby as something we both could be doing.