Register Now
Kane99

Jusant

Has anyone here played this game? I recently completed it, but have been going through the chapters to find everything I missed. It's essentially a climbing game, where you climb this massive mountain tower thing, and have to find artifacts and wall murals of past civilizations. There's not much to it aside from the climbing aspect. There's no combat either. There is a story, but it comes in notes and letters you find scattered around the tower. I honestly didn't pay much attention to it, as I don't like to read pages of letters and notes to get my story. 

When playing, I was reminded a lot of Shadow of the Colossus, mainly for the climbing mechanics, but also I really enjoyed the way it looked climbing up this massive structure. Anyway, if you have played it, discuss what you liked about it. 

My spouse started playing this a little bit about a month ago but I don't think they got into it much. They've only barely played, and already moved on to Alan Wake which they're currently playing for the first time. Graphic wise it looks good, but I don't know if it's a game I'd be interested in playing myself. I'd also have to rely on a walkthrough to find everything and I might end up spoiling the story on accident knowing me.

As much as I love Dontnod, and I do, I'm not sure about the climbing mechanics from Breath of the Wild being made into an entire game. It's a very pretty game and knowing Dontnod it probably has a stronger story than this trailer hints, but it just doesn't look that fun to play. I'm sure some people will love it and good for them, but the rest of us are free to wonder why.