Register Now
ScubaGearhead

Introduction

Hello everyone:

I'm 38 and hail from British Columbia. During my life, I've been a casual gamer and have jumped back and forth between PC gaming and consoles. The genres I'm into are shooters, racing, RPG, sports, and city building. 

I got back into gaming during the pandemic. At the start, I was playing my PS2 for a while until it sadly died. Then I unboxed and blew the dust off my N64 which my parents got my brother and I for Christmas in 1997. I played Perfect Dark a LOT doing the combat simulator and unlocking achievements/cheats. I played Rush 2: Extreme Racing a lot also. Despite the age of these games, I had a lot of fun playing them.

Recently, I've been thinking about getting a newer system. The Xbox One X seems like a good choice since it gives me access to a lot of recent and older titles (I learned that Playstation has terrible backward compatibility). It also allows me to play 4K blu-ray.

I'm looking forward to chatting with everyone here and broadening my horizons.

Edited by ScubaGearhead

Ave @ScubaGearhead

Your horizons will definitely broaden here. I would venture to say that is fact for everyone. As for the backwards compatibility, I know the PS5 has full backwards compatibility with all PS4 games save 6 titles.

• Afro Samurai 2: Revenge of Kuma Volume One
  • Hitman Go: Definitive Edition
  • Just Deal With It!
  • Robinson: The Journey
  • Shadwen
  • We Sing

Those titles haven't seemed to be much of an issue to most gamers. The only possible exception I could see would be Hitman.

Ave