Register Now
Kane99

Is GTA IV still playable online? Maybe by modders?

I know GTA IV online is no longer active, and I doubt Rockstar has any servers still up for it, but I imagine some modders could easily figure out how to open up a private server and get the game back up and running. Lots of people do this sort of thing, and some even modify the game to mod it further. Anyway, do you think there are any people still running online sessions with people? Is it even worth going back to something like GTA IV to play online? 

While it is possible that modders have set up private servers for GTA IV online, it is unclear how active or reliable these servers may be. Going back to play online in GTA IV may not be worth it due to the lack of official support and potentially limited player base.

I can't say I have seen anything regarding the GTA IV online servers or if they are still up and asking. I would imagine if they are still available modders will very much be in there much like they have done with previous older games such as Black Ops 2 which ended up heavily taken over by modders.